1800s First Nations people introduced members of the Hudson's Bay and North West Companies to three hot springs located on Sulphur Creek, a tributary of Fiddle River.
1910 A crude pack trail, accessible on foot or by horseback, attracted only the most determined bathers.
1913 Construction of a makeshift log bathhouse and sleeping shelter.
1919 Striking coal miners, from the nearby community of Pocahontas, built a temporary bathhouse and two sweat houses.
1934 The increasing popularity of the hot springs, in Jasper National Park, prompted the construction of a proper road and a permanent aquacourt, with facilities similar to those found at the Banff Upper Hot Springs. Built as a depression unemployment relief project, several hundred men worked on the construction, which was completed in 1938.
1986 Construction of a new facility about a kilometer from the original building. The historic ruins of the original bathhouse still stand for those who wish to walk up the valley to see the source of the hot springs.